Thursday, February 28, 2008

First Kisses

02/28/08




Aria was in her highchair today, and started doing real kisses! Before she’d make a kiss sound by smacking her lips together and then opening her mouth wide. Today, she puckered her lips and kissed!! She did it for the first time when she was eating peas today. When she eats she kind of puckers her lips a bit, and when she opened her mouth, it made a kissing sound. The look on her face when she did it was priceless. Her eyes got wide and I think I saw a light bulb appear over her head. She kept doing it over and over. I would do a kissing sound, and she’d do it right back! I tried to get her to kiss me on the cheek, but she just tried to bite my nose, or suck on my chin, as usual… we’re getting there ;-)

We went on a run today! It was LONG overdue. We had such a great time! It was beautiful outside! We had our new, blue, jogging stroller (we love love love this stroller. Check it out by clicking here) so Aria can actually face forward (her other stroller holds her carseat and she faces me. Boring, right? Ha ha!). She loves to be outside and look all around. She laughed out loud as I ran. She loves the wind on her face and going fast. She was squealing and laughing. After I knew she was OK and having fun, I started to listen to my new ipod (thanks Jennifer!!). I listened to Beethoven’s “Emporer” piano concerto (thanks Beethoven!!). Beautiful day, beautiful music, going on a run with a laughing baby. Really, can you ask for anything more?

We stopped at the park and I put Aria in the baby swing. OH my gosh she had soooo much fun. She was belly laughing and squealing the whole time. If ever I am lying on a couch in a therapy session, and they tell me to go to my happy place, I know what I will think of ;-) ha ha!

After the run and the park we went home and Aria should’ve gone down for a nap but didn’t. Before we knew it, it was 6:30 and time to teach violin lessons…I knew a melt down was pending! She actually sat through the first lesson, which was with a beginner (who is really doing great!). I think the activities we do are fun for Aria, too. She’s never sat in for a whole lesson before. At one point she ended up laying on the ground directly underneath my student, Kathleen’s, violin. She just looked up at Kathleen as she played and smiled. VERY cute. Kathleen got a kick out of it, too. For the 2nd lesson, Grampa had Aria. This is when the melt down occurred. POOOOR Grampa!! I felt awful bc she was crying sooo hard, and the only reason was bc she was so tired.

Aria crashed for what I thought would be the night. I put her in her carseat without waking her, and headed to Starbucks to meet our friend, Molly. As soon as we got to Starbucks, Aria woke up. She can’t resist Molly. She always has lots of smiles for Molly. We tried to get her to say HI Molly…. But she’d only say Hi. Aria did end up blowing her kisses, though. She also screamed a lot (happy screams - not crying screams!)

The guy at Starbucks kept referring to Aria as “him”. We told him “her” name was Aria. He apologized, and said he only thought that because her hair was so short. I thought that was hilarious! Her hair is short? Her hair is nonexistent. Don’t think by my saying this that I was upset that he was calling her a boy. Lots of people do unless she is wearing all pink ;-) It’s OK. Once she gets hair I can put bows in it. ;-)

We came home and I tried to get her to sleep, but she wanted to play. We practiced some crawling and played with books and her piano toy, and she finally went to sleep at 11:00. She is overly tired tonight, and I am hoping this won’t be a long, sleepless night bc of that. We shall see!

0 comments: