Friday, February 8, 2008

Ear Infection

02/08/08

Aria went to sleep at 11:30 last night, and was coughing a little bit. Then she got up at 1:15 crying hard. She felt hot, but she usually is warmer when she sleeps. She was up again at 2:15, and felt even warmer, so I took her temp. She had a temp of 102, so I gave her some baby Motrin. This morning she has a very runny nose, and her eye (just one) is watering. Poor baby! She’s watching Sesame Street in her bouncy seat.

We went to the doctor, and Aria has a double ear infection. Poor baby! She is now on antibiotics. Her cousin, Diella, also has an ear infection. Poor babies! She is napping well, today. She just looks miserable. She still smiled at the doctor and the people in the pharmacy. She looks miserable, though. Her nose is running, and her eyes and cheeks are red.

The doctor also said that her top teeth are going to come through ANY time. The last time she told me that (about her bottom teeth) they came in shortly after. Wow, that is going to hurt worse when she bites me. When I hold her on my side, she bites my shoulder and pulls my shirt in her teeth as far as it’ll go before it pulls out of her teeth.

Matthew is feeling better, and went back to work today. Finally he isn’t miserable in bed with the flu! Aria’s ear infection and Matthew flu aren’t related.

So far, I’m the only one escaping sickness!

Aria wanted to be held the rest of the day and night. She slept a lot. Matthew and I had a very interesting time trying to get her to take her antibiotics. It will be a hard 10 days if it goes the same as it did this evening! The doctor and pharmacist both said that babies like this kind of antibiotic, and they don’t hear complaints about it. Well, Aria is complaining!

0 comments: