Friday, February 15, 2008

Finally Friday

02/15/08

Last night went pretty well! Aria got up a couple of times, but went back down quickly. She woke up the first time at 4:00, so that is practically morning, and was more than 6 hours of sleep. I can’t complain!

She fell asleep last night grasping onto the bar of the crib. She continued holding onto it for a long time, even though she was sound asleep.

Today she was chasing her doggy, Zig, and Zig ran out the doggy door. Aria crashed into the doggy door in her walker... and then stood there. Zig poked his head in the doggy door to come back in, but couldn’t because Aria was blocking the way. Aria was looking at him like “hurry up! C’mon back in!”

She rolled onto the tile, and scooted all around the tile floor. She can scoot and slide her way around all over. I was thinking that she shouldn’t be on the tile bc she could bonk her head on it when she rolls, but, she’s not. She rolls with her head up when she’s on tile, I guess. Hmmm….

Late in the morning we spoke with Auntie Alethea. We are very excited for a new cousin to be born!! February 20th is her due date, and can’t come soon enough!

In the late afternoon, I tried to take a nap. I laid down in bed with Aria, and thought she might take a nap, too. I closed my eyes and Aria grabbed my hair and straightened out her arm (aka pulled my hair…). I smoothed my hair back, so that there wouldn’t be any hairs for her to pull coming out of my ponytail. I close my eyes, and she does it again. I’m really tired, so I try to give her her pacifier to play with. No, that is boring, says Aria. Next, I give her one of her shoes to play with. OK, that is a little more fun. She is looking at the shoe and turning it in her little hand, and playing a little with the Velcro strap. I shut my eyes. Aria starts to hit me on the head with the shoe. So much for a nap! Oh well…

I got up and got ready to go out to dinner. Matthew and I went to Rockfish for dinner, and Gramma and Grampa babysat. As I dropped Aria off, and said goodbye, she didn’t even look my direction as I walked away. Gramma and Grampa must be lots of fun!

1 comments:

SixSticks said...

I giggled all throught the nap part - sorry, hehe.
Isn't it bittersweet when they don't care if you leave. I mean, you don't really want her to be upset when you leave, but um...can you at least ACT like you're gonna miss me please!!! haha
Hope you enjoyed your dinner/date!