Thursday, February 14, 2008

A House Full of Kisses!

02/14/08

Aria’s very 1st Valentine’s Day!

Well, after a night of not so good sleep… we had a great morning!

Aria ended up in bed with us at about 6:00-ish, and was still asleep when I woke up at 7:00. Matthew was up, and I was up, and I wanted Aria to be up so we could give Daddy his presents! I got up and went to brush my teeth, and I found 2 Hershey Kisses at my sink! I went back into the bedroom and excitedly said:

Me: “there was a Hershey’s Kiss at my sink!!”
Matthew: “Really? Only 1?”
Me: “No, there were two!”
Matthew: “are you sure there were only two?”
Me: “Hmmm…. Let me go see….”

I went back in, and sure enough, there were only two…

Me: “there were only two”
Matthew: “are you sure?”
Me: “Yes”

Aria is still asleep, and so I’m kinda nudging her to wake up so the fun can start (I know, bad mama, never wake a sleeping baby) and we can give Daddy his presents. She stretches out like always when she wakes up. Matthew mentions that maybe I should check to see if there were more Hershey Kisses out there – and points to the door of the room. So, I opened the door, and there are two Hersey Kisses paths on the ground! I’m directed to follow the path to the left first…. It lead me to MORE Hershey Kisses, and to a big, beautiful Teddy Bear with a red dress and red bow on her ear! WOW! And a card (soooo sweet, too!!) and a Tweety Bird stuffed animal that says “I Wuv You” ;-) I love stuffed animals!

Next, I followed the Hershey’s Kiss path to the right, which went all the way up the stairs, through the media room, and into Aria’s room, and in her crib, there is another Vermont Teddy Bear, and this one has pink polka dot diapers on, with a bib that says “Aria Faith’s 1st Valentine’s Day”. OK I’m bawling by now (as well as while I’m typing this…).

Matthew: “are you sure there are only 2?”
Me: “ha ha ha more like 200”
Matthew: “more than that…”

WOW!

Next, it was time to give Daddy his Valentine’s! Aria gave him a little froggy stuffed animal, that is holding a heart that says “you make my heart leap” with a Spiderman Valentine card in it with a note from Aria to daddy. I gave him my card. Then I gave Aria the stuffed bear I got for her. As we were all laying in bed with all these stuffed animals, I noticed that my Tweety Bird had a spot for batteries on the bottom, which I mention to Matthew… he then pushes the foot, and it sings and dances and lights up to the song that goes like this “do you love me, do you love me, do you love me, now that I can dance”. I cracked up! Aria LOVES this Tweety Bird!! She smiles and watches it dance and light up. WAY too cute!

Photobucket

So, by 8:00 am, my Valentine’s Day has been the best Valentine’s Day I’ve EVER EVER EVER HAD!!

As I’ve gone around the house today, I’ve found kisses EVERYWHERE. Next to my vitamins, on top of the coffee canister, on top of the apple juice in the fridge, on every counter possible, EVERYwhere.

Before he left for work, Matthew cleaned up all the kisses from the floor, so Aria wouldn’t get them, and he offered before he left, to clean up all the kisses on the counters, etc! I mean, seriously, how much better can my day get?? Of course, I wanted him to leave them all over! I don’t know if they’ll ever be picked up ;-) Another thing to note… he only put them in places that are not accessible to Aria in her walker ;-) What a great daddy ;-)

Did I mention he also made breakfast??

I feel like a princess today!!!!

The picture below is Aria with all of her Valentine's Teddy Bears...


Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you're married to MY brother? haha JK, he's pretty great! You SHOULD feel like a princess! That was SOOO sweet!

Anonymous said...

I know, are you sure Matthew is even human, or some robot husband? My hub didn't even say happy valentines day!
Dumb question - didn't Zig want to eat all the kisses? My dog would have eaten them up like Pacman!