Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Falling asleep

02/06/08

Sesame Street was about cats and how to act like a cat. It has made me think of my nieces all day. Christina and Sydney love to be little cats ;-) I miss them.

Aria has been playing in her walker, and playing on the little rug with her toys. She already took one nap today, and is working on her 2nd nap. It’s 2:30, and she is tired. I put her in her swing and gave her a nuk and a blankie. Then I started singing her a lullaby. She is now laughing at me. Yes, laughing at my lullaby. Now she just threw her nuk…

Daddy is very sick with a bad case of the flu. He’s actually taken two sick days from work! I don’t know if he’s ever done that. He is quarantined upstairs ;-). So far Aria and I haven’t caught it.

OK so back to lulling baby to sleep. I went over and put my hand on her face, which calms her every time. This time, however, she laughed at me. OK what is so funny? Then I got a call from work, and had to walk away from the swing. Aria started to scream, and I had to not have a screaming baby in the background as I was on the work call. I took her out of the swing as quickly as possible and set her on my lap and put her nuk in her mouth. She really IS tired and needs a nap. She took the nuk and laid on my lap, and as I’m talking on the phone, she is, again, laughing at me. OK I think I need to go put on some makeup or something!

We went to the store to get some things for daddy to eat, since nothing really tastes or sounds good since he is sick. Aria kept looking at me and doing her kiss at me. Awww so cute!

Now it's 10:30 and Aria is still up... she is playing with Zig. She loves to pet him and grab his feet and ears. Zig is really good with her. Aria just looks at him and babbles and laughs and screams. She also chases him with her walker, which always cracks me up.

Aria is on the floor next to me and she just bit my big toe! OUCH!!

Last night as Aria was falling to sleep, she was holding my hand. I was really tired and was trying to get her to sleep, hoping she’d fall asleep fast. Then I started thinking about when she got older, and I realized that one day when she’s all grown up, I’m going to miss moments like this, holding my baby’s hand while she falls asleep. I stopped wishing she’d fall asleep fast, and held her hand for a long time. I just love that lil’ girl so much!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

every time i pictured her laughing at you, i giggled... how funny! that pic is cute too! my mom told me about it, but i dont think i ever got it? ... and i only read the top blog just now, what kiss thing? she blows kisses to you???!!! :-D i'll read more later, i'm having a bad day with the boys.... and, Holy! Matt stayed home sick? miracle

miss you all! cant wait to see you!

~Kat & Diella