Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sliding is fun!

02/27/08

Aria is having a FUN week! Her friend, Quinlynne came to visit! Quinlynne has been crawling all around showing Aria how it’s done. The votes came through (thanks everyone ;-) and if you haven’t voted or seen the video, see below) and 75% say she is crawling ;-) I would say it’s the beginning phase of crawling. She is really funny when she is on the tile because scooting forward doesn’t work as well because she slides, so she ends up going backwards instead, and futher from her destination. Poor baby!

Today it was beautiful outside! Sunny and 60’s. Aria and Grampa played on the swingset together. Aria slid down the slide for the 1st time and she LOVED it. She also got to swing with Grampa for a long time. She loves to be outside. She also loves to watch the dogs run all around. Winsty was here playing with Zig. Quinlynne played with them, too. Quinlynne is 2 and she kept coming inside to outside (and vice versa) through the doggy door. Too funny! Whatever works! I was working, but wished I could be out playing with them.

Sleep – Aria slept HORRIBLY last night. I think she went down way too late and was overly tired (11:30 is when she went to sleep last night). She took a great nap in the late morning today, though. She has started napping in her crib instead of in the swing, which is a very good thing! She took 2 good naps today, right on schedule. What a good baby ;-) (during the day…)

Tonight I gave her a bath and I noticed that her hair (it’s growing slowly but surely ;-) is curling! I even tried to straighten a couple of the curls to see if it was just that I made the hair appear to curl by the way I dried her head off with towel. The curls stayed even when I tried to straighten them. YAY!! I hope she gets curly hair like her dad!! The hair that has remained from when she was 1st born is really straight (what is left of it around the nape of her neck - you know, the grampa-do). The new hair growing in is what is curling.

She hasn’t said any new words in the last 2 days. In fact, I don’t think she’s said ANY words in the last 2 days. Hmmm…

Today I left my big water jug on the ground by Aria, and she scooted (…I mean crawled) over to it, and I looked over and she had the straw in her mouth. Funny baby! Then she knocked it over and got water everywhere. BABY!

Tonight when I was telling her a bedtime story (I was telling the story instead of reading it bc I couldn’t find the book…) she just laughed at me through the whole thing. What is so funny??

She went down to sleep at 9:30 tonight. Wish us a GOOD night sleep!

0 comments: