Monday, February 18, 2008

Two cousins, one birthday!

Aria slept GREAT last night. She fell asleep on the way home from the store last night at about 7:00 pm. She didn’t get up until 11:30 pm. I knew she’d have to get up to eat. She usually doesn’t go to bed until, at the earliest, 9:00 pm, but usually 10:00 pm or later. She got up one time at night, but she didn’t actually wake up. She just cried a tiny bit in her sleep. When I woke up this morning, she was in her crib saying “da da” and then clicking her tongue. “da da” click click “da da” click click.

I looked at my phone to see what time it was and it was 8:00. I had already gotten 2 missed calls and 2 texts. I thought I missed something at work, and panicked a little. Then I saw the texts!! They were from Alethea and my mom in law! Alethea had gone into labor in the early morning, and went to the hospital! She ended up having a c-section at 8:24 am and had a BABY BOY!! His name is Colton Maximus and he weighs 9 lbs 9 ozs. BIG boy! The doctor had told Alethea after her ultrasound on Friday that the baby was about 7 lbs 8 ozs. What a SURPRISE baby! We all thought for sure it was a girl. We can’t wait to meet him!! Here is a picture of baby Colton.

Colton Maximus - born 02/18/08 - 9 lbs 9 ozs

Colton newborn

As I was trying to talk to Kat this morning, we kept getting cut off. She said “it’s a boy” and the phone cut out. So I tried to call her back at her home number and it went to voicemail. The phone was on speaker and Aria was lying next to me (yeah, we were still in bed) and she heard Jake’s voice on the phone and she looked and said “da da”. Too funny.

Today is also AJ’s birthday – my other nephew! He is THREE today!

Today Aria watched her 1st Veggie Tales. She is so funny. It’s the Silly Songs DVD. She is in her exersaucer piano, and she is leaning all the way back and looks up at the ceiling. She is babbling/singing along. She laughs when I clap. She is amazed at how I make that sound, and wonders how I do such a fun thing that makes such a cool sound. I think Veggie Tales is a hit!

She had corn for the first time today. Corn mixed with butternut squash. Yum!

Today we went to the mall for lunch. Aria had soooo much fun. She loves being around people! We met Jenn and Mia. Mia and Aria are so cute – they look at each other, and smile. Aria gets excited and bounces and squeals when she sees her. Mia gets more animated every time we see her. She is 4 months. They are looking closer in age now.

Aria went to bed at 8:30 tonight…. We’ll see how tonight goes!

1 comments:

SixSticks said...

That's my baby!!!