Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A day with Daddy

02/13/08

I can’t believe that tomorrow is already Valentine’s Day! I hope we’re all better and can have a FUN day!

I’m still sick… no fun. Aria is doing well, though. Gramma came to get Aria after work last night so I could get some sleep. Yesterday was tough! Aria was very good, but, I just felt bad for her because I wasn’t able to play as much as I’d have liked to. Plus I was working. ;-( I’m going to the doc today, and Matthew is going to be able to come home early. What a relief! Once he gets home, I’m sleeping the rest of the day. I’ve already called in for ½ a sick day.

A couple of things I thought were funny that Aria did yesterday… On either side of our front door there are windows, and there are shades covering them. There are 2 missing shades on either side. It’s the perfect height for my dog, Zig, to look out and see what is going in the front of our house. Yesterday, Aria joined Zig and was looking out the missing shades to see outside. It’s the perfect height for her in her walker, too ;-)

I think she was trying to sing yesterday. She would make sing song sounds when her piano was playing a song. Not like her regular talking, but more like singing. When the song was over, she’d stop. I thought it was cute ;-)

Well, there were no more crawling attempts yesterday. She does go backwards still, though. She squirms her way backwards and ends up on the tile and then slides around. Each time she gets on her hands and knees, I’m wondering … “is this it??” ;-) She makes every day so much fun!

I went to the doc this afternoon, and I have a sinus infection. Fun!

I spoke with Katie today! We had a great convo! We sure wish we could get these babies together to play!!

Matthew got home early, and I was able to relax and try to get well so I can have a good and productive rest of the week. We had fun spending time together today! We thought for sure Aria would crawl today so daddy could see, too. Like Matthew said… if she’s stubborn like her mom, she’ll wait another 2 weeks to crawl, and if she’s stubborn like her dad, she’ll wait a year. I had to correct him… if she's as stubborn as her dad, she’ll never crawl. Ha ha ha just kidding!

I give Aria her antibiotics right before she eats baby food. Yesterday she started to stick out her tongue as soon as I squirted the antibiotic into her mouth. All the antibiotic would come out as she stuck out her tongue, and she’d pull her tongue back in tight lipped, so none of the antibiotic went back in…. frustrating! Tonight I gave her the 1st squirt and she proceeded to stick out her tongue, so I asked Matthew to come over and see how much he thought she was actually swallowing. He came over to see, and as Aria looked up at daddy, and I squirted the antibiotic into her mouth, and she drank it. She drank all the rest without sticking out her tongue. Stinker! Will only do it when daddy’s around…

Tomorrow is baby’s 1st Valentine’s Day!

0 comments: