Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Yummy healthy desserts

Berry Cobbler“crust”

3 cups pecans

1 vanilla bean scraped

¾ tsp of sea salt

¾ cup of dates

*** throw in the food processor – I pull out about ¾ cup to sprinkle on top.

“syrup”

¾ cups of dates

3 tbsp of coconut oil

½ Vanilla bean (I usually just use the bean I just scraped because Vanilla beans are expensive, and I am cheap)

¾ cup of water

***throw in the food processor

Filling

I like to use 1 carton of blueberries, 1 carton of raspberries, and 1 carton strawberries, but I have also used 3 mangos.



Press the crust into the bottom of pan, mix the syrup and fruit, dump on top of the crust, and sprinkle remaining mixture on top.



Pineapple “Donut Holes”

1¾ cup of raw almonds

2 cups of dehydrated pineapples (I use the “Just Pineapple” from Central Market – no added sugars)

2 cups of dates (pitted, duh)

½ tsp of sea salt

1/3 cup of coconut (optional if you like it)



Throw it all in the food processor until a little sticky, then use ice cream scoop or hand to form “donut holes”

0 comments: