Friday, March 27, 2009

Welcome to our family, Chanson!



Welcome to our family, sweet boy! We are so happy to announce the arrival of Chanson Matthew on March 30th at 8:57 pm. He weighed 7 lbs 10 ozs and was (is) 20.25 inches long.
To see more pics, go to this link:

http://www.our365.com/NewbornPortraits/BabyDetail.aspx?birthid=3e79d6ce-7219-4dfb-8329-29724acca2f3

Once there, use the password 53151262564863 to view the pics. If the link does not work, please go to http://www.our365.com/ and use the same password. You can search for me by name, or they told me that the username is Hei with the password above...

The delivery was really great! It went fast - 1 hr and 40 mins from the time they broke my water.

Aria got to meet Chanson the day after he was born. She was so excited to see Mama holding a tiny baby. I was thinking she might be a little jealous, so when she got there, I was going to hold her, and let someone else hold Chanson while we spent some time together. Aria wanted me to hold the baby, and only me. She also got to hold him, and kiss him. I don't think she's stopped kissing him since ;-) She hasn't been a bit jealous, and has just been the best helper. She is a great big sister!! She even told Chanson she loves him today. Actually... I am not sure if she said "love you" meaning "I love you" or if she meant "he loves me" (she says "help you" and means "help me" for instance, so she could have meant "love me").

She saw me nurse Chanson for the first time, and she looked at me with her eyebrows furrowed, and said "baby eats boobies??" She says that every time I feed him now... instead of a question now, it's a statement.

One moment I am very upset I missed getting on video was Aria's reaction to seeing Chanson in the car when we got home. Her reaction was priceless! She was just so excited that the baby came home to stay with us! She just loves her brother.

A couple of things Aria said the last 2 weeks that I think are cute ;-) She says "Nummy in my tummy" when she likes whatever she is eating. When Winston was bothering her at her table, she told him "hit the road, Winston".

I think the best story, though, is what she said to Matthew last week. Aria was standing too close to the TV, so Matthew was telling her to back up. She was ignoring him, so he threw a stuffed animal at her (OK so we're not the best role models sometimes.... he threw it gently, anyway). She turned around with a very annoyed look on her face, but then her expression changed to a smile, and she said "Nice throw, Daddy!".

Aria has been getting time outs lately... problem is, she gets excited when she "gets" to go into time out. Ummm.... I am not sure what to make of this.

I'll be changing the name of my blog soon, so it will be a name that covers Chanson and Aria. I'll keep you posted!

I've got a lot more to say, but will have to update you all more later ;-)


6 comments:

Jenn said...

Yay! Welcome Chanson =) I wonder what Mia will nickname you... ;)
Love you guys! Miajenn & Chris

Quin's momma said...

Love the name Chanson. I like it a lot better than the name we talked about when I was there. He is super cute, and sounds like Aria is super excited. I love the Aria stories, too! Quinlynne keeps asking when we're coming to Texas- so we'll have to make a trip soon and get a baby fix.

Kat, the Mom said...

hit the road Winston LOL! so great! nice throw daddy, Pa Ha! love it! :) and she loves him, wonderful! :-D

~Aunt Kat

ashley said...

He's so cute! Looks so much like Aria when she was tiny. Congratulatoins, Mia and family! I love his name, too!

Michelle said...

"baby eat boobies" - ha ha ha!! Classic! You have made me feel so much better about our new arrival in 2 weeks, I hope Tess loves her little sister as much as Aria loves her brother!

Kim said...

Congratulations Mia!! Chanson is beautiful and I love his name...French for song. Just beautiful! I hope you're feeling well and adjusting to life with two! :) Enjoy these precious days ahead.