Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patty's day




Happy St. Patty's day! Today we had green eggs and green french toast for breakfast. Aria didn't notice it was any different than usual, and Matthew thought it looked gross... party poopers. But Aria wore a pretty green dress that was my dress when I was a baby ;-)




A few funny things from this week...




The TV was on, I'm not sure what was on, but there was a scene at Starbucks... Aria saw them walk into Starbucks, and saw someone in the uniform, and runs up to Matthew and said very excitedly (actually, it was more a question how she said it, like she wanted some) "Pumpkin loaf? Pumpkin loaf?" That is what she gets when we go to Starbucks.... hmmm... I don't spend THAT much time there!




Aria can now count to 14. She doesn't do it often, but she's done it a few times, so I know she can. She doesn't recognize the number 11, 12, 13, 14 when she sees them, but does know 1-10 by site. Today we were going over the numbers, and she kept telling me that the number I'd point to was 14. She thought it was funny - so then I'd say "noooo... what number is it?" and she'd say the right one.




She used to just say "help" when she wanted help, but now she says "help you" when she wants help. When she'd ask for help, I'd ask her "do you want me to help you?" so, now she thinks it's help you. I'm trying to get her to say help me....




When she sneezes, she says "bless you" to herself ;-)




She has started saying "oh goodness" this week. It's so funny when she does it, bc of the expression that comes with it, and she says it over and over, like a little old lady.




She has been hugging and kissing my belly a lot lately. She comes up to me and says "hug the belly?" One of the times she was hugging my belly, she said "awwww baby kitty". Umm... sorry to disappoint you, baby ;-/




Well, she has finally eaten a banana. I had a banana and said to her "are you a monkey? Monkeys eat bananas" and she nodded and was very excited... and ended up eating the whole thing! She has refused bananas since birth, so this is a big development ;-)




Her weight was stuck at 23.5 lbs since she was 14 months or so up until this last month... and I weighed her yesterday and she is now 26 lbs!








2 comments:

Kat, the Mom said...

I commented to you on Google, but couldnt Not leave anything here too! All I can say, I've said it before... I miss you guys & wanna see you! The withdrawl is getting worse!

Anonymous said...

I really need to come over more!! All these things that Aria is doing make me smile when I read about them, but I don't visit often enough to see them! :-(