Friday, March 13, 2009

Cuddling and more ;-)

Painting with Aria's BFF, Mia. I love TX weather when we can paint outside in February!
Cuddling on the couch with her BIG bear.



Aria still loves to be outside and swing!!!


Aria has been asking me to cuddle on the couch the last few days. She is not a big cuddler, so I was surprised at her request ;-) She says "mama, cuddle couch?" So, we go to the couch, and she hugs me REALLY tight around the neck and just cuddles with me. These are the times when I wish I could just freeze time! I feel like that often, though. She is such a joy!! I think now is the best age EVER. I know... I keep saying that ;-)




She is just getting more and more observant. She comments on the birds, on airplanes in the sky, clouds, bugs, trees, flowers. She is talking so much, and is able to tell me so much more of what she is thinking. We were outside and a ladybug landed on her! It was so much fun playing with the ladybug with her. Then the ladybug flew away, back to see her mama ;-) Yesterday we were reading a book, and there was a picture of a bird, and she looked at me and said "bird fly away" and waved her hand in the air, like the bird flew away.




This girl loves Norah Jones. I will try to get her on video singing along. She tries to sing all the words to the songs, and it is funny how much she can actually fill in. She likes track 1 and 5, and wants me to repeat those over and over again (sorry I never know song titles! She calls them both "come" bc one song says "don't know why I didn't come" over and over, and the other repeats "come away with me").







She also started doing this thing where she wants me to get one of her baby towels (the ones where there is a little hood on them) and put the hood on her head, and wrap the towel around her, and then hold her like a baby. Then she wants to look in the mirror at me rocking her like a baby, and then she wants to go on the couch and she wants me to hold her like a baby and rock her... not sure why? I just go with what she tells me! Funny baby!







What is with this... she keeps calling me MOM? That is way too grown up!




She is still categorizing EVERYTHING as mama, daddy, and baby. She makes her voice babylike and says awwwwww the baby! And if she can hold whatever she is calling the baby, she holds it in her hand and rocks it and sings rockabye baby.


I'm editing to add a story. We were at Target and Aria was in the cart, and she put her head all the way to the side, and said "head stuck" and kept her head tilted all the way to her shoulder. I thought she was just being silly, and that was it. Then she took her hand and pushed her head back to upright (but made it look difficult, like her head was really stuck) and sighed, and said "better". Since that time, she has done this several times. I have NO idea where she got this from, but it cracks me up every time!




Baby # 2 update.... Aria can't decide if the baby is a boy or girl ;-) It's usually whatever I ask last. I am 3 cms dilated, which makes me wonder at all times... is this the day?? I'm aiming for March 14th (Einstein's birthday) or March 21st (even better... Bach's birthday!). How come April 2nd seems sooooooo far away????
















4 comments:

Jenn said...

Aw-cute cuddler! So sweet! Aria is cute & smart; doing new things all the time! We need to get Aria & Mia together to paint again. Mia loves "Ra-ra" ;)

Quin's momma said...

I think you should definitely aim for March 21st! That's not too far from your due date, so you should be safe. Have a nice romantic evening on March 20th, and that should get the ball rolling!

Kat, the Mom said...

The pictures are so cute! She could not have a more beautiful smile! She & I will hafta listen to Nora Jones together, i like her too :) ... I wrap Diella up like that too, we call it Taco! hehe... D calls me mom every once ina while too hehe... the head stuck story- hilarious! ... keep blogging!

Anonymous said...

That girl's got some good taste in music! We need to get her on some Tony Bennett, too! :-)