Thursday, March 5, 2009

Couple of cute things

Hello! I always tell myself I'm going to blog things, and then by the next day, I forget what they were! So, before I forget....

Sorry - Aria has been saying sorry a lot the last 2 days. I don't know why, but all of a sudden, she's apologizing every time she bumps into something, or steps in front of something, gets in the way of something etc. It's funny bc she just started doing it yesterday. She'll say it a bunch of times in a row, "oh, sorry sorry sorry!" This might be one of things that you have to see to appreciate ;-) Her mannerisms when she does it crack me up.

She has also been asking Zig to watch her do tricks. He'll be in his kennel sleeping, and she'll call him and call him to come and watch her do the trick. Or we'll be outside, and he'll be ignoring us, and Aria will call him over and over till he looks in our direction so that he can watch her do her trick. She loves Zig! She calls him Tzigane now. Of course, Zig just walks away.... She also keeps chasing him trying to hug and kiss him. He runs away, and she says "fast!" When she wants to hug something (anything) really close she says "come here come here come here" over and over.

Lately Aria has been classifying things as tiny or big. I don't know why? But she does it to everything. Food, dolls, shoes, whatever. For instance, she'll pick a sticker, and if it's small, she'll say "tiiiiiiiny sticker" and then she puts her first finger up to her forehead, and scruches up her shoulders. Or if she takes a big bite of food, she'll say "BIIIIIIIG bite" and she'll say it in a low loud voice, and put her first finger up in the air. Other things she points at and says BIIIIIG to are my belly... and my butt. Nice, baby.

She's getting more and more picky about what she wears. She wants to wear her "dancing dresses" alllll the time. Anyone who knew me as a kid will appreciate this ;-) I don't think I wore anything BUT dresses for the first 10 years of my life. ;-)

She really likes to watch violin lessons, and she has her play violin. The other day, she went into the room where I teach, and sat down next to the chair I sit on to teach, and said "mama, violin?" She wanted me to play for her! I keep telling you all about how she plays her play violin, but have not gotten it on video. She holds the violin and moves the bow really good. She was doing this one day, and I grabbed the video camera and gave it to Matthew to video her. Well, here is the video. She starts out playing the violin for a very short time, and then goes to ABCs. Now when she sees the camera pointed at her, she stops whatever she is doing and does her ABCs.... we will now get nothing on video EXCEPT her ABCs, which we tried in vein to get on video for 2 months!! BABY!! She must get this trait from her dad. hahaaaaaa!!

A couple of things about the video... you can't hear her say it, but after she puts the violin down and smiles, she says "abc's ?". That is why Matthew says "ok do your ABCs". Also, as you hear the music sounds as she's doing the ABCs... that is her pounding her foot on the violin... NICE!! (you can hear me in the background say "Baby! That is not what you do to a violin!"

1 comments:

Kat, the Mom said...

So awesome! I could not stop smiling through this whole thing as i pictured her doing all these things! When we watched the video, Diella was trying to sing along, "A, B, Bees!" ... asked Zig to watch her, hilarious! :) this was great! they need to play Together again! MISS YOU