Thursday, March 4, 2010

More about sweetie pie Chanson


A few more things about Chanson...


He loves to feed himself. Even oatmeal.... which he eats every morning with blueberries. Mealtime is a very messy endeavor. Kat, I took the pic above for you :-) I knew you'd appreciate the mess! Chanson loves to make a mess. Unlike his sister, who hates her hands to be dirty.

So, he won't stand up (although I did trick him into standing the other day, and he stood for about 10 seconds before he realized and crawled away) but he will climb. He can climb the stairs faster than you can catch him, and he laughs as he does it. I was cleaning the fridge, and as I stood there, next to him, he climbed up to the shelf, trying to get the blueberries. He has climbed up on a kids chair toy, and up onto the desk part attached, and THEN up to the window sill! Monkey! He can climb off the couch successfully, too.

I met a woman at open gym last week who said her child also crawled like Chanson does, and it took forEVER for her kid to walk. She thought it was bc there was no reason to walk if you could crawl and hold onto things (he only needs one hand to crawl, since the one foot "walks" as he crawls). SHe'd never seen another baby crawl like that before... neither have I! Chanson seriously does NOT want to stand or walk. He just wiggles away and crawls away.

He's so funny... he doesn't talk so it's harder to tell you his funny stories, but his reactions to Aria, and his laugh and smile... he's going to be funny! For some reason I think his teeth are really cute! I love seeing his toothy lil smile!

He says "all done" and "down" and "that" now. He does the same thing as Aria did, where he stands up (holding onto something, of course... ha) and then bends at the knee, and says "down". Then he stands up. He doesn't say "up" yet. I always do the "all done" sign after he eats, or after he'd done with diaper change, or whatever he's all done with. I do the sign and say "are you all done?" so, now he says "all done" but doesn't sign it. He points to things he wants and says "that". He'd point at something and grunt, and I'd point at things I thought he was pointing at, and asked "that?" "that?" so I'm sure that is why he started saying it.

He picks up the phone and says "hi" into it now.

Hmmm.... what else? OH, he still isn't sleeping at night. I'm about insane with tiredness. He's had an ear infection (double) and has been up several hours the last 2 nights. Espresso is my good friend!

OH he plays with cars. He makes anything a car, and makes a "vroom" sound, and drags it around. He was just doing that to his bottle. He'll do it to a flash light - or really anything. Aria never did this... funny how boys do different things so young! Although he does play with Aria's kitchen by far more than Aria does. Hmmm... maybe he'll be a chef. Great! Live in chef! (I told him he can live with me forever).

I think he's grown a lot lately. He can only fit in 12 or 18 month clothes. He's a size 3 in shoes, but they are pretty tight. His hair is growing, that is for sure. Still a dark red (maybe will be auburn like my mom and grampa!) and curly just like Aria's. They both grew hair right above their ears that started to curl. I think Chanson actually has LESS than Aria did at a year, though! If that is possible...

He likes to dance, loves to swing, loves bathtime (water in the face - even if poured over his head - doesn't bother him a bit! Aria has put that to the test :-) he LOVES to drum on things - on anything, with anything. He loves to mimic - sounds or actions. I think I need to get more video to share on here!

I'm sure there's more... I'll post more as I think of it :-)



1 comments:

Kat, the Mom said...

miss you Chanson!!