Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sweet Chanson



Don't I look like my Great Grampa H? I'll post a pic of G-Gpa H in case you don't know who he is. I am very proud to look like one of the most amazing people in all the world!

The older he gets, the more he looks like GGpa H.

Chanson is doing so well! He is just such a sweet baby. Aria even calls him that "awww sweet baby!" ;-) She still loves her brother all the time. She's never once shown a bit of jealousy or been anything but sweet to him (maybe a little rough, but still sweet ;-). I just love that! I hope they are best buds always

He is sleeping really well. He went through a get up every 3 hr phase, but for the last week (or more?) has slept until 6 am every day. He will get up within 5 mins of 6 am every day. How does he know it's 6?? He's like an alarm clock. I started giving him a paci when he'd wake up every 3 hrs, and if he took it without fussing, I knew he was not hungry. Sure enough, he took it, and within 3 days didn't get up anymore (just the the baby whisperer promised ;-) did I tell you how much I love her??) He doesn't use a paci at all to go to sleep at night, and now, not even during the night. He does use it to go to sleep during the day, though.

He is getting big - fast! The scale at our house says a little over 12 lbs, but we'll see what the baby scale says at his 2 month appt next week. We measured him yesterday, and he is 23 inches. I put him in an outfit today that I thought looked huge... and it fits very nicely!

He is smiling AND laughing. He started laughing on 5/16/09. He smiles and laughs at foreheads. It is really interesting, but true. He so far has only smiled and laughed while looking at our foreheads (and a few times while looking at himself in a mirror... probably looking at his own forehead ;-)Uncle Chris says he would like his large forehead. I disagree, Uncle Chris, you don't have a big forehead... but anyway... he did smile a lot for Uncle Chris yesterday. Uncle Chris is a big fav around here!

He also loves ceiling fans. Is there a baby out there that doesn't like ceiling fans? Aria was mesmerized with them, as well. Another love is the TV... so I never let him sit in front of it - ever. I don't need him addicted to TV at 8 weeks old ;-)

I know I told you his hair is red, but, it is fire engine red! I need to get a pic that shows that. It's only red around the back of his head, and is growing in light blonde on top. I think he will end up blonde. His eyes have light green coming from the pupils outward. I am hoping he has green eyes like mine ;-) Aria has the beautiful brown eyes I prayed for, and now I hope Chanson gets green. I'll settle for a brown eyed boy, though - brown eyes ARE my fav! But, can my children have ONE thing that looks like me??? ;-)

OK I can't resist telling you one cute Aria-ism ;-) She called Zig (our dog), Pup-Dude. :-)

2 comments:

Kat, the Mom said...

i know how ya feel. mine dont look like me either ;) great pic! and great aria-ism! he sleeps til 6?! awesome!! :)

Uncle Chris said...

Aww!! I'm a fav?!?! That makes me happy! :-)

And Pup-Dude?! That's awesome!!!