Thursday, May 28, 2009

Grampa is a...


Can you believe how big she has gotten?? She looks like she is almost too big for the baby swing here. She's going to be 2 next month. Unbelievable to me!

I have a couple of funny Aria stories (or I think so, anyway ;-)

Aria was sitting on the potty and so she got to play with stickers with while she sat there. She stuck the stickers all down her leg. After she "tried" to go potty, it was naptime. She didn't want me to take the stickers off her leg, so she went to bed with them on. After her nap, she was thrilled to see they were all still there... until she bent her knee. She cried out and asked me to take all the stickers off, so she could bend her knee. I went to take one off, and realized that over the 2.5 hrs she napped, the stickers had really stuck to her skin... oh no! I was afraid to take one off bc it would hurt. I pulled it off really fast - like a bandaide, and Aria laughed HARD. Each sticker I ripped off, she laughed harder and harder. It had to have hurt at least a little each time - but she thought it was hysterical... funny girl!

Today, we were talking about boys and girls. I asked her "is Aria a boy or girl?" she said "girl". I asked her if Chanson was a boy or girl, and she said boy. Is Zig a girl or boy? Boy. Good job Aria! Is Mama a boy or girl.... she says boy. Nope, Mamas are always girls, and Dads are always boys. Is Daddy a boy or girl? Boy. Is Mina a girl or boy?... she says boy. Nope, she is a girl. You get the point ;-) we went through SEVeral people. So next, I went through everyone again, but, I phrased it like this; "Mama is a .... (pause)" and let Aria fill in the blank and say "girl". "Daddy is a ....?" Aria says boy. "Mina is a....?" Aria says girl. Next I said "Grampa is a...." and Aria said...

PENGUIN!

Haha - apparently Grampa is neither a boy or girl, but a penguin.

4 comments:

Kat, the Mom said...

LOL, Penguin!!!! HAHA!!

Quin's momma said...

He is VERY special if he ranks as a penguin!

It was great to see you guys. Please keep in mind we'll be there June 11. So, Quin & Aria will have to play some more. They did quite well together, don't you??

Anonymous said...

Has Aria been watching "Batman"??? I must say I always thought Dad looked like the Penguin in that movie!!!!
Auntie Sonia

Anonymous said...

haaaaaaHA!!! AJ put stickers on his eyebrows the other day..... his first eyebrow wax!!!!!
Auntie Sonia