Friday, February 19, 2010

About time... my kids are practically adults


OK, so here goes... I'm just going to start typing and see where this goes! Sorry it's been SO long!


First of all Chanson. He's 10 months old now, and a lot has happened since he was 6 months :-) (I know, I know!)

1st tooth - October 24th - The bottom right tooth (6 months... almost 7)
1st word - dada and soon after... mama! Beginning of November
1st crawl - November 3rd he began to army crawl
2nd tooth - November 5th - The bottom left tooth
1st sign - November 17th - Began saying more in sign language (also started clapping)
3rd tooth - November 21st - Top right SIDE tooth
4th tooth - November 24th - Top left SIDE tooth (yep, vampire...)
1st real crawl - December 8th (well, he walks on one foot, drags the other leg, which is bent underneath him, and crawls normally with his hands... it's funny! I'll put up a video)

He also says Hi and Ball and Dog, but pretty sporadically. Hi was his 3rd word (if dada and mama count). He started saying "hi dad" soon after he could say both words. He also says Daddy. He likes to mimic sounds. He'll mimic animal sounds, like the elephant, monkey, and dog (he pants). He also roars - it's funny! Matt will roar at him, and Chanson will roar back.

He has been cruising around on things since November, but has YET to stand on his own! Whenever I try to get him to stand, he just bends his knees. I don't think he's in any hurry to walk. He loves to crawl, and he's fast.

He's just got the sweetest little personality. He loves to play and has gotten really independent. He and Aria play together for hours!

He has started talking on the phone. He'll take anything that could be a phone, put it to his ear, and start talking away. I WILL get it on video and post it here!

He's learned to play the flute like Aria is doing in this video. Every time he makes a sound, he stops and starts laughing so hard! He such a music lover, and loves to listen to the music I listen to! (yay!) He loves to drum. On anything! He goes into the laundry room and stands up by the washing machine and starts drumming on it. (so if he can do that... why won't he stand on his own! Baby! :-) He takes anything that could be drum sticks and pounds on anything that could be a drum. He also likes to pluck the strings on my violin. He does it gently, too. He likes the sound it makes. At Thanksgiving in PA, Jake was playing the guitar, and Chanson went right up to him and just stared at him with his big eyes and his mouth open. Yep, music lover!

Food... oh.my.gosh this boy can EAT. Seriously I do NOT know where it all goes, and I cannot fathom he has a stomach big enough to hold it all! He is not picky, either. He'll eat anything. One of his faves is dog food. :-/ He is constantly trying to get dog food and just cries when I take it from him. I have to be careful not to leave dogfood in the bowl. Anyway - for breakfast he'll eat a whole banana, cheerios, and a bowl (about a full cup) of oatmeal with blueberries in it and yogurt. For lunch, he will eat an entire sandwich (I remove crust) and apples and goldfish and whatever veggie I give him. Some of his favorite things so far are tilapia and blueberries. He's not a big fan of cheese by itself. I'm still nursing him, but only 2 times a day. Otherwise he has formula, which he loves.

And after all that eating... he's a lightweight! Definitely has his daddy's metabolism. He is in the 10% for weight! I guess I need to give him more food! :-)

Chanson is not scared of anything - you can start the vacuum right next to him, and it wouldn't faze him. Tzigane has never scared him. Well, he has Matthew for his dad, so loud noises just do not scare him. But we found what he IS afraid of.... puppies! I felt bad cracking up when he started bawling when he was introduced to the sweet, gentle, beagle puppy named Maggie. She was 7 weeks old, and walked up to Chanson, and he just started bawling - the "OMGOSH is he going to take a breath soon!?" kind of cry. Poor guy!

OK I gotta publish this and jet bc my baby is being demanding! I have a LOT more to write, so check back soon!

1 comments:

Kat, the Mom said...

one down, 3 to go ;)

ethan likes the vacuum too!