Friday, July 24, 2009

Big girl bed!

So, I think I figured out Aria's sleeping issues! Today at naptime she got up twice. She never gets up like that at naptime. She was crying a very frustrated cry, like she didn't actually want to be up. I asked what was wrong and she pointed at the crib railings. It hit me (and I'm not sure why it took so long) she was hitting up against the crib rails and waking up. I should've figured this out sooner bc she is a crazy girl when she sleeps. She flails (sp??) around all over the place, and whacks Matthew or (and) I on the face several times. I am not sure why I didn't assume this was the case in her crib, too. So... tonight I put a queen sized mattress in her room (just the mattress on the floor, not a box spring). She was soooo excited. I surrounded the mattress with her stuffed animals in case she fell off. We did our routine - books, cuddle time, and bed - and I told her that she has to stay in her bed. I told her good night and left and haven't heard a peep out of her since. ahhhhh...

so why is it 12:15 and I'm still up... hmmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly where Aria got her flailing tendency. Mia! She was brutal..No matter how big the bed, she would find her way right up against you, roll over (more like whip over) and smack you with her arm. Ask Sonia about Mia's toe nail gougeing (sp??) while sleeping..Hey, Matt..do you wake up with scratched legs and bruises, then wonder where they came from?? Wonder no more. Hummmmm, now you have two of them. Mia...what goes around comes around. Have any of you grannies and gramps noticed that heredity tendencies magnify with the next generation?? I definitely enjoy observing some of the paybacks I must say!
By the way everybody...Aria and Chanson are the best entertainment one could ask for :)
Sincerely, one of their grannies.......Ginny (better known as Meena (yes Mia there ARE two e's)

Kat, the Mom said...

cooool! Yaaaay!